What It Is



Autoimmune Hepatitis is a rare disease in which the immune system attacks the liver, mistaking it for invading cells. There is no cure, but there are treatments that keep it under control. Prednisone is the usual treatment but may be paired up with or replaced with azathioprine, budesonide, mycophenolate, cyclosporine or mercaptopurine. Approximately 70% of those affected are women.

I am in no way an expert on this subject. Every day is a learning experience.

In this blog, I will revisit my experiences and post current experiences. I will also add information I find useful and probably some rambling.


Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Better Day

It always feels good to make through the rough days. I ended up fighting something off the last couple days. Had a slight fever and all the fun along with that, but oddly enough, I felt good mentally. Today is a very good day. Barely any aches and pains today, no depression and an appointment I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Finally getting my varices banded. YAY! I am not looking forward to the spray they use to numb my throat. It's hard not to panic when you can't swallow and the drooling...MY GOODNESS, THE DROOLING! It's so embarrassing even though it can't be helped. I just lay there praying for the anesthesia to kick in faster. It always reminds me of the times I fell asleep in school to wake up with a puddle on my desk. What a thing to remember. It's almost as bad as the naked-at-school dreams. Ha Ha! It is good to feel good. Now, to get something done around the house...

My wish for any readers is that you have a wonderful day and if you too are having a hard day, that you safely make it through it. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment